Saturday, December 14, 2013

Papa's Last Day.....and Emotions

Today we woke up pretty late. We took our time to get ready. It is Saturday, and we are in our 10 day waiting period, so not much to do on the adoption side. We got E and her friend O and headed out to play games. 

We went to the old standby...air hockey. However sometime during the game, E got pretty emotional. Her smile faded. She started to just let the pucks go into her goal. She just gave up. I was expecting some emotional  problems but not so soon. It's so hard to even try to imagine what is going on inside this precious child. All the other unknowns she is facing and now Papa, her buddy, is leaving too. I pray The Lord gives me the strength and guidance to get us both through this end part. 

She started to cheer up a bit when we went to the market. She bought more "fish jerky" and some other treats. She enjoys getting things she likes to eat and then having us try them.  We came back to the apartment to relax and, of course, play Uno.  Then I showed E the clothes I brought for her. She, right away, gave the other dress I brought for her as another option for court, to O. She also gave O a sweater and camisole too. I didn't say a word, I know O needs them too. 

Then E tried on the jeans I brought for her. Apparently they weren't tight enough. Ukrainian women take their skinny jeans seriously. But why shouldn't they???  They don't have weight issues like American women do. No offense to anyone but it's true. Ukraine does not have an obesity problem like America does.  

So anyway, E wants Ukrainian jeans in America. So out we headed to buy jeans. She got 2 pair and a shirt. She was so fun to shop with.  A saleswoman in one of the shops started to talk to me and E stated to giggle and tell her something in Russian that I could tell was basically "no no no, she doesn't speak Russian".....at least that is what I hope she said, lol!  But seriously it's funny to see E transform into my little translator (meaning she can only translate a little, haha). Bless her heart, she does try. When we were at the market and apparently the cashier wanted me to give her the exact change, E touched my wallet showing me to open it up, she touched the change part...so I took out the change and opened my hand....she counted out the change in the palm of my hand and gave it to the cashier. 

It will be interesting to see how she does with just me tomorrow. Praying for an opportunity to bond even more with her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment