Sunday, December 1, 2013

Back in America and a Court Date!

I am in tears as I write this, as I think any parent would be that is away from their child. 

 We said good-bye to E on Tuesday night.  It was not the emotional mess we were worried about because.......we have a court date!!!!  Praise The Lord, our court date is scheduled for December 13, 2013 at 10:00 am.  It made the parting a little less emotional for all of us since we could actually count the days until we were together again. 

The car, to take us to the airport, was at our apartment at 2:45am Wednesday morning. We had an overnight layover in Frankfort, Germany. We finally arrived at our home around 7:30pm Thursday, Thanksgiving, night. Our friends picked us up, with F, and brought us home. We appreciate them giving up thier Thanksgiving night for us. And she captured this picture of F and myself running to each other at the airport. We had been apart 33 days. 

The trip was pretty uneventful until we landed in DC.  I bawled!!!!  The realization finally hit me like a Mac truck that there was now an ocean separating me and my daughter.  I found myself very conflicted. I was loving where I was (closer to F) and hating where I was (away from E) at the same time. 

We are worried about our court date going forward. We are need of urgent prayers!!!!  There are protests occurring in Ukraine right now!  Large, serious protests. We do not know what affect it will have on the governmental agencies. Also, our paperwork was not filed on Wednesday like we anticipated. It was filed on Friday.  SDA has 10 business days to review it an issue an approval. Our court date is on the 11th day. The problem is that we NEED this court date of 12/13 because that would allow the 10 day appeal period to end on 12/23, meaning we could take her from the orphanage forever on that date....our "Gotcha Day."  This is critical because her orphanage is closing and all the children will be moved on 12/26.  We need to have our Court date and Gotcha Day before the move.  It may mean that J and I fly to Ukraine on 12/10, without knowing for sure whether or not we will actually have court. The other problem, if we do not have court 12/13, is that the next available court date won't be until the middle of January because the court will be closed.....and then it will have to happen in the region she has been moved to.  There are SO many "what ifs" but ultimately we have to rely on God for guidance. We must remain faithful that he has a plan for us, for E, and it is for our good, for us to prosper, not to harm us, a plan to give us hope and a future. I will wait on God's timing, He loves E more than me and He knows her needs more than I do. 

Please pray for the children in E's orphanage. I cannot imagine the anxiety they must feel knowing there is a move coming. Some of these kids have been at this orphanage for YEARS.  Like E, this is the only orphanage they have EVER lived in, and now to be moved, not knowing where, or what kind of place it will be and not knowing the other children. It breaks my heart for these sweet kids, kids that just want to be loved and wanted!!!!!  I have come to love some amazing children because of E, please prayerfully consider adoption.  Even a 14 year old WANTS to call someone "Papa."  

Thus the tears, because of all of the above........it such an intense and emotional time. I wish I could show you a picture of E, seeing her face you would understand how she is worth everything heartbreak, disappointment, tear, prayer and praise that we have had!   




No comments:

Post a Comment