Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Girl Day

J left at 2:45 am today, to start his journey back to America.  It was so hard to say "good-bye" to him.....again!  And, again, E had to say good-bye.  But this time he followed it with, "I will see you in America."  That was answered with a big "DA!"

I asked E what she and O wanted to do today.  She wrote on the translator "Now we are like on the market and if we say that we want," which amounted to.... can we go shopping and if we see something can we get it.  So, off to the market we went.  Now I was thinking market, as in grocery store. NOPE, market, as in the open market.  Imagine a HUGE maze of a flea market.  Everything from eggs, to undies, to winter coats, to dead fish in a barrel.  And believe it or not....two 14 year-old girls left there without asking for a thing.  So I asked, what's next?  I got "myself jeans for school."  I told her I just bought her 2 pair of jeans last night and she only had a week of school left.  Now here is where I inform you that I packed her jeans.  I did not want her to take them to the orphanage because of the stories I have heard from other adoptive families that say if you give your kid things while they are in the orphanage, you don't get them back when they leave.  So those jeans were not going to the orphanage with her.  Ok, so now back on track, her response was "I want to buy them, walk in them here and then take to America."  Nowwww the teenager comes out. What kid doesn't want to wear their new clothes right away and here.... mean ol' mom .....packed them away the night she got them.  AND, I am sure she wants new clothes to wear to school this week since its her last week and she probably has told the kids she is going to America with her new family.  So, yep.....off we go for another pair of jeans to actually wear.  By the way.....this just reinforces how she and J are 2 peas in a pod.  He's a jeans man.

Can I tell you that we went to no less than 6 stores in this little town to find jeans that she liked.  Our very last stop...as the store was closing...was a success.  Now when I say skinny jeans, I am talking tighter than "American" skinny jeans.  These things are tight, but as a typical Ukrainian girl, she has the figure for it.  Oh, and mama also bought her a sweater too.  So as we leave the store, guess what this girl says (other than "spasibo")....."can we go home to put jeans on."  I just laughed and kissed her head. Of course!!!  So back to the apartment we go.  But she doesn't just put on her new outfit, she has to straighten her hair too.  I just love this kid.  She also Skyped with papa to show off her new outfit.  Then we Skyped with dedushka and babushka too.  This kid KNOWS she is wanted!!  Lord, I pray that she does. 

It was time to head back to the orphanage.  We said our good-byes and I told her I would be back after school tomorrow.  I told babushka that I have no idea how E would not get senior-itis.  If I knew this was my last week of school and I was leaving the country forever.....I'd really not put in ANY effort.  But she did, we did schoolwork tonight at the orphanage.  

So now we have 8 days left.  Here is what is next and where we need specific prayers....I need to pick-up the court decree on 12/23, then we need her new birth certificate made with her new name, so we can get her new ID number, so we can apply for her new passport, so we can get her medical exam done, so we can get her visa, so we can go home!!!!  All while there are American and Ukrainian holidays going on.  Please pray we are not delayed and that we are able to get home swiftly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment