Thursday, December 19, 2013

Happy Saint Nicholas Day

Today December 19th, Saint Nicholas Day here in Ukraine.  Its traditions go back to the 10th and 11th centuries.  It is comparable to Santa Claus visiting the children in the US.  In honor of this holiday, the orphanage is putting on a program tonight.  Our daughter is among the lead in this program.  She is in several of the dances and duets.

So as any proud parent, I have spent the day making sure I have my camera and it is charged.  I have the video camera ready and it is charged.  I have a gift for all the kids at the end of the program.  Check, check, and check.  Then I stop and think.....

I do not have to sneak in earlier today to seal off the coveted front row seats.  I don't even have to show up 1/2 hour early to get the best seat in the house.  There are NO OTHER parents to compete with.  I will be the ONLY parent in the audience.....if there even is an audience since all the kids are dancing in the final number.  What will my daughter's feelings be as she sees her mother....in the audience....watching her last performance in the orphanage.....videotaping it and smiling?????

Tomorrow night she is coming to spend the weekend with me.  She has messaged me 5 different ways asking if O can come too.  I have said yes...each time.  This will be her last weekend with O and in her region.  Lord willing, she and I will be flying to Kiev on Christmas Day.  These next few days are going to be very emotional as she says good-bye to her school, friends, home and her family that she has known for the last 7 years.  Please pray that in her sadness, there is a joy and that she can supernaturally feel God's arms wrapped around her, providing her comfort, peace and the reassurance that this is the path He has designed for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment