Friday, August 9, 2013

We Are SUBMITTED!!!

Our dossier was officially submitted on Tuesday, August 6th, 2013.  I am so excited!!!!  I do not think there are enough exclamation points to demonstrate my excitement.  Praise The Lord!!!  The next phase will be that the SDA (State Department of Adoption and Children's Rights) will review our dossier.  They are "supposed" to issue a decision within 20 business days.  We are praying for a quick approval.  Then we will wait for an invitation to an appointment with the SDA.

K starts life at the trade school on September 1st.  We were praying we would have been there before this happened but there is reason God has us on this time table.  I messaged her to tell her that we were submitted.  I was expecting her typical responses of a smiley face, or "well" (as its translated) but for the first time ever, we received what translated to "hooray!"   It swells my heart to read her excitement.

I called both of my boss type figures to let them know what was going on with the adoption.  I have 2 contracts and each contract has a type of supervisor.  But it is the type of contract that if I never talk to them, then life is good.  Now the one contract, I can actually tell you that I have never spoken to that boss. He was very supportive.  He actually travels to Ukraine several times a year himself.  He immediately went into travel advisor mode and let me know some ins and outs of Ukraine.  He loves it there and he assured me that I will have a wonderful trip.

The boss of my other contract is an awesome, free spirited kind of woman.  She, as well, gave me raving reviews and wished us the best of luck.

I share these stories because the devil has a way of making a mountain out of a mole hill in my mind.  I had thoughts that my bosses would be frustrated and take my contracts from me.  It was actually the opposite.  Its as if God is going through the insane checklist I have in my mind and crossing each item off.  I feel as if He really just wants to shake some sense into me.  I am praying for my heart to change.  That my anxiety subsides because God has given very clear indications that "I got this" is the message He is trying to send to me.  I know that I am the stubborn mule he is trying to pull through this experience but my heals tend to be dug in pretty deep.  Honestly, I feel as though I am starting to take baby steps.  I know that this adoption process is the biggest leap of faith I think I have ever taken.  And, silly me, thought that I would have control of this process as well.  NOT HAPPENING!!!!  I am SOOOO far out of control that it is terrifying.  BUT, I know this is, and will continue, to cause me to lean on my God even more.  I believe the ultimate goal is for me to become completely dependent upon The Lord.  Why am I so scared of that?  Why is it so scary to be completely dependent upon the God that loves me so much that he gave his son for me, the God that made the financial mountain in my way crumble like sand, gave my husband a JOB, we are blessed with grandparents that will care for F while we are gone and have already accepted K as their granddaughter, blessed me with a child from birth, blessed me with F's adoption and now K's adoption?  Why would I not WANT to be dependent upon my God?  My Heavenly Father has provided so much grace to us.  Please join me in praying that I have a heart that is totally surrendered to God's plan.  

We are also praying for the hearts of the people working at SDA.  That they feel compelled to approve our dossier quickly and that we are provided a date to travel soon.  We also pray for our precious girls here, at home.  Their hearts are filled with so much love for K already.  To them, she is already their sister, despite never meeting.  And finally we pray for our daughter who is not with us tonight.  I have to share that when we were waiting to adopt F, the waiting was difficult, but we were waiting on her birth.  However, with K, she is already out there, trying to survive, on her own, without her family.  I see her empty bed in our home and my heart sinks by the heavy weight of wanting her in that bed.   We pray for her heart.  May her heart be filled with hope.  Something I believe she has not had before.  We pray for God's protection over her.  May all our hearts be filled with joy while we wait for the perfect moment God has planned for us to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment