Monday, August 26, 2013

Living in Crazy Town

Throughout this adoption process, anytime someone finds out that we are adopting an orphan from Ukraine, they get very curious and excited ...... until.....they find out she is 16 years old.  Then the next sentence always is "ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!"  Maybe I am.

I saw one of our neighbors walking a large puppy the other day.  We met the new member of her family and chatted.  She shared that she was having some personal issues and that she may be on leave of her senses by getting a puppy.  I shared our adoption story with her, she smiled until I got to the part about K being 16.  She then agreed that I may be on leave from my senses as well.

I just thought about that today.  When we first started this adoption process, it was definitely through and by the direction of God.  We had no intentions of adopting again.  To us, our family was complete.  I have heard people say that God directed them down another path, through a fork in the road or He turned them around to do a 180 direction of what they had planned.  To me, I feel as though God picked me up and placed me in completely different town!!!!!  Thanks to everyone's input, I have now discovered that town is named Crazy Town!

Here in Crazy Town, nothing makes sense and its generally dark.  I cannot see the sidewalk or where my feet will land when I take my next step.  The only thing that is consistent is relying upon God's Word and prayer.  This is the motto in Crazy Town:

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart  and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways submit to him,  and he will make your paths straight.


The most important thing I know about living in Crazy Town is that God is here.  He is guiding me.  He has a plan and a purpose and I will trust Him.  So I am ok living here in Crazy Town, we have the best neighbor!  


    No comments:

    Post a Comment