Friday, August 16, 2013

Reality Check: The Follow-Up

Ok, this is going to blow your hats off so hold on.......

So right after, I mean minutes, I posted the last blog, J calls me. Not about the blog (he had not read it, he was in training all day) but to tell me about his day.  See today was his "New Teacher Training" day for the district.  He doesn't really know anyone there since it is in a different town.  He left this morning feeling excited and so appreciative for the job that God has provided him.  So anyway, my phone rings and its him.  He starts with "YOUR NEVER GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!"  So my response is, crap....what now?  "Ok, dear, what now?"  His response, still screaming to me at this point "THERE IS A NEW TEACHER HERE WHO IS FROM UKRAINE!!!"  Wow....wait....what?  He goes on to tell me that all the new teachers were there today for the district.  One of the beginning activities was for everyone to stand up and introduce themselves and tell something interesting about themselves.  So this woman, from a different school in his district, stands up to introduce herself and says that her interesting this is that she is from Ukraine!!!  J said he wanted to jump out of his seat right away to go talk to her but they didn't have a break for an hour.  He said it was the longest hour while he waited for the chance to bombard her with all his questions and excitement about adopting K.  But J said, as he waited the hour, he just kept talking to God in his mind, Wow God, I get it.  Look at what you have planned for me:

#1. I got a job
#2. I get to teach 3rd grade
#3. My superintendent hired me knowing I had to take time off for our adoption
#4. My principal is helping me look for a sub right away so there is a smooth transition when I leave
#5.  There is another new teacher here who is from Ukraine!!!
(Are your minds blown yet???? There's more)
#6.  Her name........ Inna!!!!!  (Ok, for those of you who know us, you know why that is exciting)

Do you see God's fingerprints yet??

Ok, here's the mind blowing (provided you read the end of my last blog)

So he finally gets to talk to her.  When she learns about K and our adoption, she is all excited, says she would love to tutor her but reassures us she will pick-up English quickly, gives him her email, phone number etc., tells us about the church she attends that has service in Russian, offers to talk to K to tell her how great America is.

Get ready.....here it comes......J tells her how nervous I am to travel by myself and especially on the train....."Oh No!  Tell your wife train ride is beautiful.  To get the "coupe."  It is a wonderful and beautiful train ride. She will love it."  WOW (still at this point as I am writing this, J has not read my blog!) How stinking amazing is that????  See? God's fingerprints.  "He has a plan, leave the details to the master," such great advise I had the blessing of receiving.  Isn't it exciting??!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment