Monday, September 9, 2013

We Are Approved and Registered

By God's grace, we have been approved and are now registered with the Ukraine State Department for Adoption (SDA now DAP) to adopt.  The next step?  Can you guess?????  That's right......MORE waiting! Now we wait for an appointment with the DAP.  We are praying that date is in October, but of course, the sooner the better.

Psalm 100:4-5 "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  For The Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."

God has really put it on my heart to be more thankful.  This adoption experience is excruciating.  The waiting in silence is horrible.  Now, I can only compare it to my domestic adoption...... THIS, is worse.  However, at the time of our domestic adoption, I remember J and I crying ourselves to sleep, longing for a baby.  Now, I see that God was growing us......shaping us.......strengthening us for just this adventure.  Let me tell ya.... This. Is. Draining!!!!!  So I know what you are going to say "Um, hello, I thought you were going to be more thankful!"  It's coming, hold on.

I am so thankful that God loved us enough to prepare us for this moment.  I am thankful that God is growing me to learn to let go and let Him have His way.  I am thankful for these precious orphans and that they do not even realize the lives God is touching because of them.  Praise God for giving comfort to the heart of the families still waiting to hear news about their documents, their travel, their court date,  their child.  Praise God for giving these orphans a heart for love.  That in despite of being rejected, despised and viewed as "bad luck" to society, God does not allow them to have hard hearts but hearts that long to be loved and comfort knowing that they are wanted by someone, somewhere.

We realize that ultimately, K can say no to our adopting her.  We pray that this is not the case, but we are trusting God to deliver us to the child He has intended for us.  Thank you God, for loving our children more than we do and because of you, they are never alone. Please provide all the families and children comfort while we all wait on YOUR perfect plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment