Monday, September 2, 2013

Focus on the Blessings!

After my last blog, I went to bed praying for God to change my heart and make me happy.  Then James 1: 2-4 came on my heart.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your father develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may  be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Its not about feeling happy.  It about being joyful.  I can choose joy.  I am commanded to have joy while I face trials because God is growing me for His purpose and His glory.  God has supplied us with the Holy Spirit, we are NOT LACKING ANYTHING. This is so awesome.

Psalm 40: 1-3
"I waited patiently for The Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.  He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God."

This journey is not about me.  It never was and never will be.  Everything I do, must point to God.   He loves K more than I can comprehend.  He knows what is best for her and I will not second guess His decisions.  He has blessed us beyond our expectations and He will not fail us now.

We had a great evening with some friends at church.  It was a wonderful evening of great food, fun and fellowship.  A small group of these ladies has grown so dear to my heart.  God has brought us together through this adoption. I am so blessed by the bond has been created with these women and the heart God has given them for adoption.  One of these women said to me tonight that after reading my blog, she understands that how I can get down and discouraged but that I must focus on the amazing blessings God has provided so far!!!!!  That is exactly what I needed to hear tonight.  I biblical reminder that God's got this.  You all are such a blessing and I appreciate the ongoing spiritual encouragement.

So,  we will choose joy, we will persevere and focus on the blessings as a reminder that God is growing us and giving us a firm place to stand.

2 comments: