Thursday, July 25, 2013

Lets Try This Again

We were able to get our addendum from our social worker today, and get the apostille.  So straight to Fed Ex J went to ship the corrected dossier documents.  They should arrive in Ukraine on Wednesday.  Lord willing, we are praying that our dossier will be submitted to SDA on Thursday, August 1st.  The facilitator already has everything because it was scanned and emailed to him.  We pray everything gets translated while the documents are en route.

We had dinner with several lovely families tonight.  One family (the hostess) has adopted 3 girls from Ukraine. The girls are now 16 and 17.  It was wonderful to hear their perspective on adoption, America and adjustment.  They all also made us delicious borscht.

Another family at the dinner is hosting a daughter from Ukraine.  It was so neat watch and listen to all these girls interact and speak in their native language.

The last family is also adopting a teenage girl from Ukraine.  They are expecting to travel in August or September.

It was such an amazing opportunity to listen to the family's personal stories about their travels to Ukraine and their adoption stories.  I am so blessed to have been connected to these amazing families.  God's love for us and these orphans just makes me speechless.  I am so thankful to have a Heavenly Father that calls me his child.  I pray that I am filled with peace and the joy of walking in faith.  That I rely less and less on my fleshly feelings and more on prayer for what God is calling us to do.    

I heard the song "Wanted" by Dara Maclean today.  It just makes me cry.  I cry because I know that God wants me.  HE wants ME!!!  Wow, I am soooooo broken and to know He is standing there with his arms wide open waiting for me to run into them.

  I also cry when I listen to the song because it makes me think about K, in her orphanage.  I want her to know she is wanted.  She is wanted by me.  I long for the day she comes running into my arms.  That she feels safe in my arms and looks up to me to say "mama".  (Just like God waits for me).  I want her to know that God has his arms open for her as well.  That her time in the orphanage has not been waisted but that God has been there with her since she took her first breath.  I pray that God equips us to share the love of Christ and his Word with her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment