Wednesday, July 24, 2013

It Builds Character

On Tuesday I called BCI to talk to my new best friend about getting a background check form that was actually signed, with a pen.  Well, the man in charge that signs them is on vacation this week (sure he is, why not!)  Pleeeez, let there be someone else that can possibly sign this.  YES, but he won't be in until Wednesday morning. Fine, we can wait until then.  Oh and by the way, my name was spelled wrong too.

Today, Wednesday, I wake up to an email from our social worker as a reminder to check to have my name spelled correctly (check), hyphenated properly (check) and my middle name spelled out like it is in the dossier (um, NO check).  I hop out of bed, run downstairs to look at J's form.  Not only no check for me but no check for J. His form, which I thought was right, NOPE, no middle name on his either.

So, at 7:59 a.m. I called my new best friend (although I am probably her worst enemy by now) to redo my form AND J's form AND include our middle names.  (I really pray I NEVER have to talk to this woman again in my life!)  She was SO kind, she called right back to say it was ready.  I sent J on the 40 minute drive to get it. I sent him with a Post-It checklist.  He arrived and sent me a picture of the form annnnd..... it was CORRECT!!!  WOOHOO!!!  Off to get the apostille.

Oh and by the way, he had to be back to go to an interview at a school about 30 minutes away.  I pressed his pants, shirt and tie.  He just needed to get home, get changed and GO!  He calls me after his interview, it went very well. (But so have the other 6 he has had this summer).  So we shall wait and see.  We have no idea what God's plan is for J and his career.  We thought by J not getting a job this summer, it was God's plan to keep J as a substitute so there would be no time restraints on him being in Ukraine. We both were at peace with that.  But, now what?  Maybe he won't get a second interview....wrong.  He was called tonight to have an interview with the superintendent on Friday morning.  WOW, ok, we will just sit back and wait for God to reveal our Ukraine travel plans to us.

Tomorrow, J has an interview at a different school in Columbus.  Then he is meeting our social worker to pick up the addendum to our home study. He will get the apostille for that and then everything will be off to Kiev by Fed Ex (Lord willing).

J and I were talking.  He believes God is growing us to be prepared for everything that is coming our way.  Looking from the outside in, I can see it.  Being in the middle of it....nope, I'm just frustrated.  I told J that as a control freak, I am in my worst nightmare......relying upon others to do things on their timing.  There is nothing I can do to fix this or them.  Just wait for them to do their job on their time schedule. Uggggh!  Not happy.  BUT, I can tell you that I have prayed, a lot, really...... a lot, and I know that I am growing more dependent upon God, His control, His timing, and I am at peace with it.  Well, I'm getting closer to peace with it. But J says all these set backs build character and it will make our time in Ukraine more peaceful because God was shaping us along the way.   Everyone together now...........lets pray he is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment