Thursday, July 11, 2013

I Guess We are IN!!!

May 3, 2013

Our associate pastor's wife asked if we had thought anymore about adopting K.  (Um, every waking moment).  So I told her that we would love to but we are not in any financial position to adopt. "Well, keep praying.  God will provide."  Well, sure but we are talking $30,000!!!!  "Oh and I think there may be a family willing to donate money towards it." So she got on the phone with her husband.

This is what I hear:
"Yes, they want to adopt K."
" Didn't you mention there was a family willing to donate?"
"Yes, they know they have to travel."
"Yes, they are ok with the traveling."
"Yes, they have been praying."
"Ok, love you too."

Well?????  She said he would give me a call a little later.   "Keep praying, God will provide."

Here is my thought:  "Like, $30,000 provide????"

A few hours later I was driving L to go pick up our race bibs for our 5K run.  My phone rings, its our associate pastor.  After our informalities, "Tell me why you want to adopt K," he asks.
"God has placed her in our hearts and we can't shake the feeling that she is our daughter."  I said, "I used to think the adoption shows on TV where the people say 'I saw her face and knew she was my child,' was just cheesy but that is exactly what is happening to us, she's our daughter."

The next part is still an amazing revelation of the heart of God and the heart of His people.

He says "Well, I talked with a family and this family is willing to donate $1,000 towards the adoption."  My heart sank, I just wanted to cry in despair.  That is not near enough. He continues, "I have another family that is willing to donate $25,000!"  Wait...............WHAT????
My response?  "Um, OK then.  I guess we are in!"  I am dumbfounded.  I wanted to pull the car over and puke.  (Sorry if TMI)  I can not even write words to describe the joy, shock, amazement.  And what do I hear next in my head?  "Keep praying, God will provide."



No comments:

Post a Comment