Monday, November 18, 2013

Welcoming J, Exploring Kiev annnnnd We Have a Child!

Friday around 11:30 am in Ukraine I spoke to our facilitator and he let me know that our paperwork WAS received by the psychologist at the SDA and we have an appointment on Monday!  I cried and cried. My hands were shaking. I screamed "Thank you Lord!!!"  Our facilitator said "Now go buy your husband a plane ticket."  And that's what I did. I called J around 4:30 am (his time) to tell him he had to catch the flight out at 1:00 pm. 

J's plane landed on Saturday at 1:00 pm (Ukraine time).  And I had my arms around him at 2:30pm!!  I can't even express how wonderful it was to be with my husband again. 

We just hung out for a while and then skyped with our little sweetie, F.  She was so funny. She was bouncing off the walls at the grandparents house.  It definitely helps with the guilt of leaving her by seeing how happy she is at her grandparents' house.  But then again, she has the BEST grandparents EVER!!!  True story. 

Anyway on Sunday we went to church at ICA. Love that church body. Such a warm group of believers who truly have a passion to serve God. 

After church we had lunch with another waiting adoptive family.  It has been such a blessing to have them as a support system while we all are waiting....and waiting. 

After lunch we took L to explore Kiev. We went to explore the Lavra and then to the Motherland Monument and the World War II museum. 

The pictures cannot even capture how HUGE this monument is. It's so amazing.  Ukraine is amazing!  I'm already plotting .... I mean planning.....my return.  Good thing my family loves Ukraine as much as I do. It just gets into your heart. 


Today was our SDA appointment. We were so excited.  It went very well and we have a child to meet.  We can't wait to pick-up our referral tomorrow and head out on the 6pm train. We will officially meet our child on Wednesday. We are praying her heart is open to adoption and our family. 

And this is the confidence that we have before him: that whenever we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.  And if we know that he hears us in regard to whatever we ask, then we know that we have the requests that we have asked from him. 
1 John 5:14-15

We plan on returing to the states to wait for the court date. SOOOOO we "may" be home for Thanksgiving. Woohoo!  But, we will see, it is Ukraine after all ;-) 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Landis. I have been praying for u guys and then thought.. "I bet she is keeping up on Facebook!" Duh! I am glad things look like they r going well! Praise the Lord! Will keep praying, and maybe see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! Yes, we will be home (temporarily) on Thursday.

      Delete